KUCHMAN ARCHITECTS – SACRAMENTO, CA
Kuchman Architects, founded in 1985, is committed to creating sustainable, visually interesting, pedestrian friendly mixed-use neighborhoods. We employ and promote smart growth principles and sustainable designs. Our midtown Sacramento office is ideally situated, putting us close to the types of projects for which we have a passion, such as our 1801 L Street Building and Whiskey Hill Lofts at 22nd and S Streets. With extensive urban experience in both multi-family residential and commercial planning and architecture we strive to create vibrant and successful places where people live, work and interact.
- Architecture and site planning
- Multi-family housing for urban and suburban sites, including market-rate, affordable, student and seniors housing
- Retail (including grocery stores)
- Mixed-use including housing and/or offices over retail and parking
Project Teams often include:
- Civil engineers
- Structural engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Electrical engineers
- Landscape architects
- Soils engineers
- Environmental consultants
- Interior designers
- Graphic artists
Principal Architect: Bob Kuchman AIA earned a bachelors degree in architecture from California State University at San Luis Obispo in 1973 and became a licensed architect in the State of California in 1978. Mr. Kuchman has been principal architect of Kuchman Architects PC since 1985, and has particular expertise in sustainability, multi-family housing, urban infill and retail development. Professional experience includes leadership of multidisciplinary design teams providing programming, site planning, design, construction documentation and construction administration for over three hundred residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use projects.
- Principal of Kuchman Associates Architects & Planners, established in 1985
- Incorporated as Kuchman Architects PC in 2006
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture — Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 1973
- California Registered Architect since 1978 (Lic. No. C9611)
- Member, National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (Reg. no. 40,872)
- Member, American Institute of Architects
- Member, Construction Specifications Institute
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, International Code Council
- Build It Green – GreenPoint Advisor
- LEED AP
Principal Architect: Philip Harvey earned a Bachelor of Science in Architecture degree from the School of Architecture and Environmental Design at California Polytechnic State University in 1979 and secured his architect license in the State of California in 1983.
Mr. Harvey has been a principal architect with Kuchman Architects PC since 2016, bringing his 40 years of experience in architecture, planning, and urban design on a wide variety of project types including urban in-fill mixed-use projects, planned unit developments, multi-family and single-family housing projects, commercial, retail, office, and government buildings.
His professional experience also includes real estate development, with more than 12 years as the Senior Vice President in a major Sacramento development company, as well as service for over 16 years on the Planning Commission of the City of Sacramento. In addition to his architecture experience, Mr. Harvey brings to clients the project expertise in entitlement process review, policy development, and environmental review that are important to successfully moving projects forward.
Architect: David Summey has been an integral member of Kuchman Architects PC since 1986. He has more than 25 years of experience in site planning, design, construction document preparation and construction administration. He is very knowledgeable of many types of multi-family housing, retail architecture and is especially adept regarding accessibility.
- California State Licensed Architect C26683
Project Manager: Bryan Do graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Architecture. He has been integrally involved in design, graphic presentations, construction documentation and project administration on numerous housing and commercial projects at Kuchman Architects PC.
- Bachelors of Arts Degree in Architecture — UC Berkeley 2000
- Build It Green – GreenPoint Advisor LEED AP
Interior Designer: Trish Houlihan ASID, with 25 years of design experience, specializes in color consultation, material specifications, lighting design, accessibility and office administration.
- Bachelors of Art / Art History
- CID, Certified Interior Designer (California)
- ASID, Professional Member (Board Member 2008-9, Director at large) Instructor, Upper Division Lighting, IADT Sacramento 2009
Other firm members include draftsmen and administrative assistants.